Macedonia

Macedonia
An afternoon in Ohrid

Friday, January 21, 2011

Today I start a great adventure. I've always dreamed about going on a safari in Africa, and today my dream starts. There are 5 of us and we'll join 5 more on a big truck traveling across the Rift Valley, back to Nairobi, then down into Tanzania for 2 weeks. Who knows what we'll see, but it will be an adventure. My friend Michael and I arrived in Nairobi at 2:30am two nights ago. On the trip into Karen Camp, where we stayed for 1 day,there were zebras on the side of the road. My first impressions of Africa = warm, luxuriant, and well guarded - high fences and padlocked gates everywhere. It's always a treat to step away from winter into the warmth of summer. Temperatures here are in the 70's with flowers blooming everywhere. The camp we stayed at was a combination hostel, campground, and hotel. Michael and I enjoyed a room and with a bathroom. Although we may not have needed it, I slept with mosquito net over me - just seemed right. This is short - we need to go buy a couple days of lunches before we head to our first national park, but I'll try to keep you updated as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment